The main aim of any training program is to achieve peak performance in a certain period, both for beginners and elite athletes. A structured training program consisting of several phases is required to achieve one objective: a base phase, a specified phase and an optional performance phase.
Running training program tips for Beginners
- Check for warm- ups, main activities and cool down daily sessions.
- Vary the type of workout you take to improve your fitness and to prevent lurking and keep your motivation.
- Do not run every day: running is an impact sport and it takes time for your body to recover between sessions
- To help move tight muscles before or after training, use foam roller exercises.
- Substitute running with weightless workout like swimming, biking or rowing to help the recovery between running and racing sessions.
- Incorporate core sessions and strength exercises to help balance and stability.